Have you ever fought with a sibling over something small like a cookie or a pea?
Was it a win or did everyone lose?
"Boys, boys, listen up, I don't know who had more than the other, but there is always a solution. Have I ever told you the story of the Two Crows and a Pea?"
Dad tells a story to his boys about 2 brother crows and what happens when one doesn't share or gives selflessly. Simon and Simeon are perched alongside a grocery store front just imagining all of the foods they wish they could eat, when a single pea falls to the pavement, their brotherly love is challenged, and selfishness ensues.
This cute story was written with the intent to teach a moral lesson of sharing, giving, and even the consequences of a fight. Every child and adult will love this story, we all fight and bicker, but who will be the first to be humble, or maybe someone else will benefit from our mistakes!
This storybook includes...
- the back story of 2 CROWS and a PEA
- 4 things hidden in the illustrations
- Meet the Author and Illustrator
- sketches from Inna Stefanova
- and would you like to write and illustrate a page
also included are some great questions for your child or classroom to consider...
- Is it easy or hard for you to share with another?
- Can you think of a time you chose to give up something for someone?
- Has someone shared with you before, how did it make you feel?
- What is something you can think of to share with another? Maybe your possessions, time or friendship?